On the Journey - Foreseeing 2023

Hello Fellow Journeyers and Happy New Year!

2022 ended nearly a month ago and 2023 is here. 2023... since 2020 and 2021 were so abnormal and mentally jarring, it feels like I didn't even realize the next decade had even begun. Similar to how it always ends up being March or April and I still believe the year has just begun. Nonetheless, we have other matters to discuss! What does 2023 look like in terms of reading and reviews! Let's get to it!

What I Want to Prioritize



I'm fairly certain that five of these books were on my reading update posts last year and I've been meaning to get around to all of them. Only Broken Blade is new and it is also one of the only first books, along with The First Binding, that makes it onto this list. Each of the others are sequels or third books in trilogies that I want to consider read and finished. 2022 seemed to be a year of transition and change; I'm hoping 2023 can be about finishing what's been started.

That being said, I've decided to try and take a softer approach to reading this year. Since beginning this blog, I've constantly wanted to be reading more and more in order to review more and post more and I discovered last year that I'm simply not in a stage of life where I can continually push myself to be reading more and more. Because of this, I've decided to lower my reading goal (to a loose 32 books) for the first time in several years and I'm hoping to try and enjoy what I actually do read and finish. I believe this will allow me the freedom to appreciate what I've decided to read more and have it be less about content and more about the joy of reading. Either way, thank you for joining me for another year on this journey!

Cheers!